STUDENT UNION GOVERNMENT [SUG].
Motto: Willingness to serve, ability to achieve, competence to fulfill.
OSUN STATE POLYTECHNIC IREE.
Motto: Exelence in Character and Technology.
P. M. B 301 Iree, Osun State, Nigeria.
OSPO LITE ANTHEM
Great ospolite (2x)
You are militant, you are great
Ever so vigilant progressive
Remember our heroes
Our matyr strugling people
-Education without tears
-Life with hapiness and no fear
-That our people we have a future
-And generation we have hope
This is the things why we fight for
This is the reason that we die for
Great ospolite (2x)
Greatest of the greatest of the greatest.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1. To promote the spirit of oneness among the students of the institution.
2. To promote the fundamental human right of the members.
3. To promote the social, political, security, intelectual, and sporting activities of its members
4. To promote friendly relationship with other students bodies in and outside Nigeria whose aims are aceptable to the union
5. To maintain discipline among its members.
6. To promote cordial relationship between the students and the staff of the polytechnic.
7. To promote peaceful and healthy interaction and understanding between the student and the polytechnic community at large.
8. To work for the progress and advancement of Commerce, Engineering, Science and Technology in Nigeria.
COMPOSITION OF CENTRAL EXECUTIVFN COUNCIL
The Central Executive Council shall consist the following.
(a) The President
(b) The Vice- President I
(c) The Vice President II
(d) The General Secretary
(e) The Assistant General Secretary
(f) The Treasurer
(g) The Auditor
(h) The Financial Secretary
(i) The Director of Social and Culture
(j) The Public Relation Officer I
(k) The Public Relation Officer II
(l) The Director Of Sport
(m) The Welfare Officer
(n) The Liberian.
DEFINITION OF TERM IN CONSTITUTION.
RECTOR : The Chief Executive Officer Of The Institution or anyone acting in that capacity.
REGISTRAR : The Chief Administrative Officer Of The Institution.
PRINCIPAL OFFICER : Rector, Deputy Rector, Registrar, Busar, Chief Liberian and Director of Works.
FACULTY : A group of Related Academic Department.
SESSION : Academic session of two semesters duration.
STUDENT : A person who duly register in the Institution to undergo an Academic Programme.
UNION : Student Union of Osun State Polytechnic Iree.
S. R. C : Student Representative Council.
C. E. C : Central Executive Council.
S. U. J. C : Student Union Judiciary Council.
S. U. G : Student Union Government.
HORORABLE : Any duly elected of the Student Representative Council.
SPEAKER : The Chairman of the S. R. C.
PRESSIDENT : The Chairman of the C. E. C.
CONGRESS : The General Assemble of the Union members.
PARLIAMENTARY SESSION : One Academic Session.
S. S. C : Student Security Council.
F. S. C : Student Fundamental Right.
I. S. E. C : Indepent Student Electoral Commission.
I. A. C : Indepent Audit Committee.
I. C. R. C : Idependent Constitution Review Committee.
S. U. S. T. A. C : Student Union Security Tasks Squads.
Extracted from Constitution Review of 2011/2012.