TEXT: Mark 9:33-37
WHO IS A LEADER?
A leader is a person who has a vision, a drive and also have a commitment to achieve that vision (i.e the heart of God) and also have the skills to make it happen.
A leader is also a person who infludnces the life of the followers or a group of people positively towards the achievement of a goal.
As a leader he/she must have vision, he sees a problem that need to be fixed or goal that needs to be achieved.
WHAT IS A CHRISTIAN LEADERSHIP?
A Christian leadership is the one who act as a Shepard to those sheep in his care. And perfect example is Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour John 10:11.
WHO IS A FOLLOWER?
A follower is a person who believes, in someone and also went through series of discipleship programmes. He/she is a person who does things after someone’s command. Note: A follower may also serves as a leader.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A CHRISTIAN LEADER
1. OBEDIENCE: A good leader must obey his master (i.e Jesus Christ). King Saul disobeyed the lord’s commands and instruction. Isamuel 15:11, 19&22.
2. THE FEAR OF GOD: As a leader, you must fear God in everything you do, because the fear of God is the begining of wisdom. Proverb 1:7, Genesis 39:8-9.
3. HUNGER AND THIRSTY FOR THE SPIRIT OF GOD/COMPETENCY Matthew 7:7, 2:15, 1Corinthians 12:12-31, Romans 12:3-9.
4. A good leader must be loyal to his master (i.e God) willingness to give his/her time and energy to work and walk with God and also believes in God’s doing.
5. A good leader must leave and exemplary life to emulate by the followers. (Galatians 5:22-26).