Independence refers to freedom from political control by other countries. It is more than politics, but economy, religion and even spiritual. The concept can only be understood with captivity in mind. Until we have spiritual freedom, physical freedom cannot come. You must know your area of captivity to knnw where you need freedom. It could be:
POLITICAL BONDAGE: ”
. . . Why should I listen to him and let Israel go? I don’t know the Lord, and I will not let Israel go” Exodus 5:2 . . .
BONDAGE OF SICKNESS: “Just then a woman who had sufferd for twelve years with constant bleeding came up behind him. Matt. 9:20.
BONDAGE OF OPPRESSION FROM SATAN AND FORCES OF DARKNESS:
“. . . Two men who were possed by demons met him. They lived in a cemetery and were so violent that no one could go through that area” Matt. 8:28.
BONDAGE OF POVERTY: “. . . My husband who served you is dead, and you know how he feared the Lord. But now a creditor has come, threatening to take my two sons as slaves” 2 Kings 4:1.
BONDAGE OF SIN: “Jesus replied,” ” I tell you the truth, everyone who sins, is a slave of sin” John 8:34.
BONDAGE OF MISFORTUNE: “. . . His mother named him Jabez because his birth had been so painful.” 1 Chro 4:9.
Many are walking freely around but are spiritual captives. He who is in captivity needs SPIRITUAL CONSCIOUSNESS of his status. Jacob was not free until his spirit was free. “. . . Lord has blessed you through everything I’ve done. But now, what about me? When can I start providing for my own family?” Gen 30:30.
Both Spiritual and Physical freedom comes from a single source. It comes only when we participate through faith in the death and resurection of Jesus Christ. “‘He who does not have Christ is in perpetual bondage!'”
To be free physically and spiritually, you must:
1. Demand for freedom from the oppressor – “FREEDOM IS NEVER VOLUNTARILY GIVEN BY THE OPPRESSOR, IT MUST BE DEMANDED BY THE OPPRESSED” – MATIN LUTHER KING JNR.
” No man can enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, excepts he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil the house” Mark 3:27.
2. Seek the help of the One who can set you free.
3. Know the truth (in Christ Jesus) and the truth shall make you free.
4. Have a true understanding of the word of God.
5. Live a life over oppression through freedom in Christ Jesus.
6. Be violent in prayer to enjoy true freedom in Christ.
7. Always wash and plead the blood of Jesus on yourself in order to make yourself presentable before the throne of grace and untouchable by the evil ones.
8. Pray for divine wisdom: “For the Lord giveth wisdom . . .” Prov 2:6.
9. Obey the commandments.
10. Pray and Fast
11. Sing praises to God always.
12. Seek genuine anointing.
13. Pray for the power of the Holy Ghost.
14. Live a righteous life.
Dear reader, please bear in mind that nothing sends Man into captivity more than sin.
So pray for the grace to overcome sin and you will enjoy long lasting freedom. It must be stated that no one can enjoy freedom without being on the side of Christ. Give your life to Christ and it shall be well with you.
Happy New Year In Advance.